Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wine Night

At least once a week (and if it is a bad week, twice) Kevin and I have what we call wine night. Wine night consists of drinking a bottle of wine (and if it is a bad week, maybe two) after we are done with supper and Miss Chocoholic has gone to bed. There are only a couple of rules for wine night. The first rule is that we have to sit at the table, not on the couch. If there is a good hockey game on, Kevin can sit in the spot where he can see the TV but no couch sitting is allowed. Now that I think about it, that is the only rule for wine night.

Either person can call a wine night. Sometimes they just happen on their own. We talk about things happening in our week and about things that may be bothering us. Wine night usually ends with a Greg Brown CD and slow dancing in the kitchen. I know, kind of corny but it helps us stay connected.

The last wine night, I had a bottle of this wine that was made at a winery in Door County, Wisconsin. I have wanted to go to Door County every since I went to a fish boil in Bayfield, Wisconsin. Door County is famous for their fish boils and for their cherrys.

This wine was very fruity. I mixed some of it with some diet Sprite and it was refreshing, almost like a light cocktail. The flavor really expands in your mouth and the raspberry smell is strong and reminds me of summer. I would recommend this wine for a summer picnic the next time you are out in a boat on the lake. I will definitely be buying this again for our trips to Ely. Here is their website if you want to check it out.
http://www.dcwine.com/

No comments: