Saturday, February 16, 2008

Blueberry Wine

I started a batch of blueberry wine on New Years day and it has been bubbling along nicely. I like to have at least one batch of wine going all the time and I was trying to decide what kind of wine to start next. I remembered I had a container of Ely blueberries that we had picked this summer just sitting in the freezer. I pulled them out and the smell of them reminded me of a summer's day in Ely on the pontoon on the way over to Pajama Girl Island where we go to pick blueberries in the summer.Kevin's mom is a blueberry fanatic. She loves to pick blueberries about as much as I love to eat a gourmet dinner. Her friends from Florida were in Ely one year and they like to pick blueberries as much as she does. Between the three of them, they invented the blueberry s'more. They were pretty proud of themselves.Can you tell I am lusting after summer? These 20 below days are starting to get to me. So in honor of summer, I think I will go dip into my bottle of blueberry wine...

No comments: