Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cabrales

If I could list my perfect day, this would be it.
-Wake up at the cabin in Ely.
-It's a beautiful, sunny day with not a cloud in the sky.
-I have miraclously lost twenty pounds overnight. (ok, moving on)
-I have breakfast at the Front Porch where they have awesome ham and cheese breakfast burritos. (Does anyone besides me wonder why I can't loose weight?) -We hike to my favorite waterfall and feel the spray from the water hitting the rocks.-I discover that Chapman Street Market has opened back up for the summer and I buy a baugette, brie cheese with mushrooms and this wonderful, new, Spanish blue cheese wrapped in maple leaves. It is called cabrales and the woman asks me if I am allergic to penicillin before I buy it. Sweet! -Miss Chocoholic decides that she loves broccoli and never begs for chocolate again. (hey, leave me alone, it's my dream!)
-I find a trashy book at the bookstore that smells like incense.
-I find an amazing, old-as-dirt, handpainted, antique pin at the antique store that only I can love.
-Kevin has bought me a carmael malt while I was shopping and only eaten half of it.
-I peacefully eat the bread and cheese on the pontoon with a bottle of champagne. Hopefully my doctor will prescribe blue cheese from now on. Aren't maple leaves suppose to be healthy?

-I soak up thirty gallons of sunshine. Afterward, there are cheesy ballpark hotdogs just waiting for their chance to be skewered and put in the fire.

What a day! I can't complain.

No comments: