Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bayfield Winery

One of my favorite places in the world is Bayfield, WI. Not only do they have the most unique restaurants, campgrounds, bars and scenery, they also have some of the best wine at an apple orchard called Hauser's Superior View Farm. The winery is called Bayfield Winery. Check out their website: http://www.bayfieldwinery.com/. Isn't that view of Lake Superior amazing?

I went there with my mom a couple of years ago during Bayfields annual Apple Festival. The orchard was having a winetasting and I tasted all the wines. Their raspberry is my favorite and the sweet apple is my second favorite. I had to buy a case of wine when we were there. When my mom and I ate out that night, the restaurant we were at carried the Bayfield Winery wine. My mom and I split a bottle of the raspberry while we forked huge amounts of flaky, buttery whitefish in our mouths. It was heaven.

Of course, a case of wine doesn't last long in this house! My sister-in-law was in Bayfield over the summer and gave me a bottle of wine for my birthday in October. I finally had to break into the bottle the other day. I made Kevin sip his glass slowly.

It is definitely a sweet wine but the sweetness isn't overpowering. I would still classify it as a dessert wine. The color is such a beautiful gold and the wine is fruity and not dry.

How sweet would it be to own your own orchard and winery?? My dream job!

2 comments:

ditchpickle6996 said...

Hey,,, you called me a guinea pig!
KLP

Anonymous said...

Hey Ditchpickle. Get over it! If you think back I believe you will recall that I tried to warn you. That being said, if you really get tired of the experimenting, she can use me any day:)