Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My First Post

Hi! I created this blog to talk about all the fun things I attempt (notice I said attempt) to create. I am not a professional chef, I am just very creative and one of my creative mediums is food. I love food and I love wine and I love to create both of them. Fortunately, my husband, Kevin, is not a picky eater and he thinks it is just wonderful that I can cook because about the only thing he says he cooks better than me is ramen noodles. When we first moved in together, he made some comment about how much more garbage we have now and I told him that the cardboard bottoms of frozen pizzas don't take up much room in the garbage can!

I heard this quote once, "Cooking is as much of a sense of self-expression as any of the fine arts" and I agree. There is nothing I love better than spending a Saturday afternoon in my kitchen chopping veggies and creating a big pot of chicken wild rice soup. Sometimes it turns out, sometimes it doesn't. Kevin still eats it regardless and will compliment me even when I am hard on myself. Now my daughter...that is a different story! If the world was made of nothing but chocolate, that girl would be a happy kid!

Living in Minnesota has influenced my tastes. I love a great piece of walleye, I cold-smoke salmon, I grill in subzero tempatures and I make wine from whatever fruit is available during the summer.

I hope you will follow me in my amateur pursuit of these hobbies and hopefully you will be inspired and you will inspire me!


3 comments:

The Old Curmudgeon said...

Excuse me but isn't living together considered a sin? But then so is chocolate and fine food.

Anonymous said...

It's not considered "living together" if you are married! :)

Anonymous said...

get facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.astronomylive.com/content/eye-safety-during-solar-eclipse http://ndn.org/blog/2011/03/invite-april-1st-webcast-dhs-sec-napolitano-distinguished-panel-discuss-21st-century-bo
facebook likes buy facebook likes facebook likes
My friend in Nebraska has asked me to help her with her laptop (i live in AZ ,she used to live here too). She downloaded a bunch of viruses disguised as a virus danger warning from the main OS (ironic huh?) all I know to do is to take it to a computer store like best buy or get a free anti virus software. Any ideas on things that could help? by the way the thing that did it i think was called the antyvirus software fyi.

1000 facebook likes get facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]buy facebook likes [/url] 1000 facebook likes